‘What can I do with these langostinos I have ?’ – My dear friend Kate asked,
Where would I start ?, with a myriad of marvelous mouthwatering dishes out there, from every type of cuisine in the world. Something simple, tasty & healthy I thought.
‘Oh I have some spinach too‘ she messaged – This was beginning to be like ‘Ready, steady cook’ on-line.
‘Oh also did I tell you, I don’t know how to prepare fresh langostinos ? ‘ She quietly advised.
‘O.K – I’ll bring food parcel & wine, you provide the kitchen & expertise ‘ She announced.
So Kate duly arrived the following day, with hamper in tow.
We set about preparing the deliciously fresh langostinos, heads & tails off, a glass of wine at hand to ease the squeamish task for Kate of de-veining , ready for our chosen dish.
So what did we choose ???
Moorish Spiced, Prawns & Spinach. – Delicate in flavour with a hint of warming spice.
1 large onion – Sliced finely
1 fat clove of garlic – crushed
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 heaped tsp of Cumin seeds
2 large handfuls of fresh shelled prawns.
1 tsp of harrisa paste
½ tsp of cinnamon
1 bag of spinach
Salt & Pepper.
- Gently saute onions in olive oil, until softened but not brown.
- Add garlic and fry for 1 min.
- Add cumin seeds and fry for 1 min.
- Add toms & harissa paste.
- Simmer gently for 5 mins for flavours to infuse.
- Add the spinach, and allow to wilt in sauce for 5 mins.
- Stir in prawns and allow to cook gently in the simmering sauce for 5 mins or until opaque & pink.
- Season with s & p.
Once all cooked, serve in rustic bowls, with a folded flat-bread a wedge of lemon and chopped coriander and a dusting of cinnamon.
Any more friends out there with food parcels welcome, La Rosilla awaits 😉