On days when we don’t have to rush out the house at the crack of dawn, and we’ve lazed in bed for a little longer maybe reading the papers, catching up on a chapter or two, or more likely than not, thumbs going ten to the dozen on our phones, keeping abreast of what’s gone down in the night on the world of social media. I like to treat the family to something yummy for breakfast, well a late breakfast, nothing that’s going to take ages to prepare, but something that will fill the house with delicious fresh baking perfume.
Scouring the fridge and cupboards…what have I got ?…A bar of chocolate and some puff pastry…Well there it is then.
Easy peasy choccie croissants .
There is not really a recipe of such, just a method, rolling out, cutting, and folding.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and cut into 6 squares.
- Cut each square into a triangle.
- Place a chunk of your favourite chocolate in the centre of each triangle.
- Roll up and twist to create a moon shape.
- Bake in the oven at 200c for about 20 mins, until risen and golden.
- Remove and pop on plate, and dust with a little icing sugar.
Enjoy while warm from the oven.