By now at this time of year, I am operating on autopilot. Copious amounts of fun, food, ferias and frolics are starting to pay its toll, not to mention the complete families birthday celebrations to boot. August at La Rosilla is one hectic time.
But just as I think, ‘that’s it no more DETOX please’, another invite, another birthday, another do to plan, pops up.
In between all the revelry, I try and snatch the odd few mins, to take stock, and one of my favourite ways to do this is to indulge in gods on food FIGS straight from the tree. They took their time this year, to be ready and dripping from the tree, or maybe it was just the fact I was waiting, salivating for their ripeness.
Figs matched with some of Andalucia finest other ingredients creates a dish to be proud of, try it I’m sure you’ll agree,
Figs, baked with Goats cheese, wrapped in Serrano ham, and drizzled with cana miel.
- Take a handful of figs, cut a slit in the top of each, and stuff with a wedge of Goats cheese.
- Wrap each fig in a slice of Serrano ham.
- Fit figs snugly in a baking dish.
- Bake in a hot oven for 15 mins, till oozing and soft.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with Cane honey.
Savour and enjoy and mop up the juices with crusty bread.
Heaven on a Plate.